Orange Ginger Chicken with Apricot Almond Couscous
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-5 ounces each) - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 green beans
- 8 baby carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- Apricot-Almond Couscous
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. In a shallow glass or ceramic bowl, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, and ginger. Pour about half of the marinade into a storage container, cover, and refrigerate until needed. Leave enough marinade in the bowl to cover the chicken. Add the chicken breasts, turn several times to coat, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours, turning several times.
2. In a nonstick saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Lift the chicken breasts from the marinade and let the marinade drip back into the bowl and discard. Saute the breasts for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Spoon the reserved, unused marinade over the breasts. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a fork or small sharp knife.
3. Meanwhile, in a steaming basket set over boiling water, steam the beans, carrots, and red pepper for 3 to 4 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Spoon the couscous onto plates and put a chicken breast on top of the couscous. Coat the chicken with pan juices and spoon the green beans, carrots, and peppers on the plate. Garnish with a sprig ol parsley. Repeat to make 3 more servings.